Basic tasks and Responsibilities
· Investigate and implement solutions in farming mainly (hay cash crops)
· Understand soil type and crop rotation in order to get the most out of our land. (Increase the yield)
· Examine, research, and solve problems related to crop management, yield, and quality, (this including fertilizers, pest control)
· Frequently and timely examine plant water requirements based on crop type, season, soil type.
· Develop tailored agronomic approaches and oversee interventions.
· Manage the fertilizer and chemical programs; conduct soil research and recommend fertilizer, pesticides and soil additives based on soil tests.
· Be able to take decisions at the right time, like removal of the plant due to low yield expectation.
· Manage early intervention to fight weeds, and flow restrictive protocol to prevent new weeds
· Developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting practices / techniques, improving crop yield, and solving problems.
· Researching and promoting agricultural strategies to counter the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather, and pest damage.
· Visiting fields to observe the plant closely, and to collect seed, plant, and soil samples.
· Perform regular crop inspections and oversee preventative maintenance on farm equipment
· Testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
· Assisting with the variety / seeds sourcing, testing, and selection
· Keeping detailed records regarding fields, crops, field experiments, and samples.
· Develop crop yield reports, field plans, land preparation, planting and harvest schedules, production budgets, and action plans
· Generating reports and presenting findings to management.
· Knowledge sharing: Conducting training on products and techniques
· Develop labor budgets, evaluate costs and efficiencies, and make recommendations on operational requirements
·Estimate the optimal number of laborers needed to cover field work and measure their performance and productivity.
Experience & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, agriculture, or a related field, further education certificates
· 5+ years of experience as a Farm Manager or equivalent industry experience
· Specific experience in production of hay crops and grain crops.
· Strong knowledge in plant requirements for fertilizers, soil additives, chemicals, and pesticides.
· Ability to manage and supervise employees, Strong leadership capabilities
· Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel and settle in in remote areas.
· Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods
· Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software
· Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills
· Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem-solving analytical skills
· Awareness of industry trends, new technology, and developments.