• Assist in work scheduling and planning.
• Ensure employee Health and safety through compliance with all safety and mine regulations, as well as company policies and regulations.
• Responsible to ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
• Assists in the development of all policies and procedures.
• Coordinates open pit activities; stripping, drilling, blasting, and loading activities
• Control pit operations to detect violation of safety regulations and compile safety and production records.
• Prepare reports on accident/incident that happen during the shift.
• Conduct daily pre-shift meetings to ensure employees are informed of safety and production issues.
• Supervise the mining contractor in performing pit and other ancillary work.
• Organize training for mining field workers to improve their competencies and be abreast of modern trends.
• Understand, promote and operate by overall company vision and values, goals, objectives and strategies.
• Provide job specific instructions on daily basis and monitor progress.
• Ensure that all mining employees are properly trained on the use of appropriate equipment.
• Communicate routinely and effectively with the Mine Manager and other supervisors as required.
• Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by
Desired Education, Skills & Experience
· Bsc. Mining Engineering, Diploma or equivalent in a mining related course.
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a shift Supervisor in an open pit with demonstrated leadership competencies.
· Knowledgeable in Occupational Health & Safety and Mines Regulations.
· Requires strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
· Requires good computer skills.
· Working knowledge of all production equipment.
· Ability to multi task and work effectively.
· Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently.
· Must possess a valid Sudanese driving license.
· Ability to work under pressure with little supervision.