Before jumping in on all the information about the role and what you can bring to the table, let us introduce ourselves real quick.
Since the beginning of its activities in 2009, MANUB has contributed actively to the development of the mining sector in Sudan through its development and investment projects as well as its partnerships. Today, MANUB is considered as one of the leading mining players in the Republic of Sudan and it strives to maintain this leadership position. The company operates in Gabgaba Gold mine site, which is located in the Nubian Desert in northern Sudan, around 650 KM from Khartoum.
MANUB is a subsidiary of Managem Group, an international mining group, created in 1928 and established in 9 countries in Africa. Managem is an African integrated mining player, with expertise along the entire value chain: from exploration, extraction and processing to marketing of raw materials. The Group operates and develops a balanced portfolio of mining asset
As a procurement officer, your responsibilities will be as follow:
- Request quotes and proposals for materials and/or services from suppliers
- Ensure that purchase goods, materials and services and company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply
- Place purchase orders with approved suppliers per appropriate agreements.
- Manages purchasing system alerts (e.g., invoice, quantity, etc.).
- Work on the improvement of suppliers’ performance and other KPI’s
- Complies with all approved sourcing processes and policies.
- Maintain a list of qualified suppliers
- Ensure follow up of key performance indicators
We want you to join us while we are taking a step into the future if you have:
- Ideally a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration
- Previous experiences (3 years) in a similar position within mining companies.
- Good knowledge of purchasing processes and procedures
- Good understanding of Supply Chain context
- Exceptional teamwork and the ability to establish strong relationships at all levels
- Good organizational and multitasking skills allowing you to juggle multiple tasks under timelines and shifting priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and be able to return the required level of composure
- Ability to handle a large and varied workload
- Good interpersonal , verbal, written and problem solving communication skills
- Ability to plan and propose areas of improvements
If you believe that this position made for you, apply and let’s talk! We’re curious and can’t wait to get to know you.