Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Officer
Before jumping in on all the information about the role and what you can bring to the table, let us introduce ourselves real quick.
Since the beginning of its activities in 2009, MANUB has contributed actively to the development of the mining sector in Sudan through its development and investment projects as well as its partnerships. Today, MANUB is considered as one of the leading mining players in the Republic of Sudan and it strives to maintain this leadership position. The company operates in Gabgaba Gold mine site, which is located in the Nubian Desert in northern Sudan, around 650 KM from Khartoum.
MANUB is a subsidiary of Managem Group, an international mining group, created in 1928 and established in 9 countries in Africa. Managem is an African integrated mining player, with expertise along the entire value chain: from exploration, extraction and processing to marketing of raw materials. The Group operates and develops a balanced portfolio of mining asset
The CSR Officer is responsible for implementing CSR activities according to the company’s strategy, in its ongoing commitment to become a more sustainable and a socially responsible organization. Your responsibilities will be the following:
· In coordination with and report to Corporate Social Responsibility Manager, administer and manage budget allocations.
· Engaging and working with a variety of key internal/external stakeholders on the CSR strategy and programs
· Assist with the preparation of materials for CSR programs and community events.
· Research best practices in CSR and actively consult with direct superior and management as needed to formulate, recommend, and implement solutions that go beyond the obvious in a timely manner
· Liaise with associations/foundations/NGOs, or external agencies in order to promote CSR initiatives among the public.
We want you to join us while we are taking a step into the future if you have:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, combination of education and experience in business, social science, communications or related field
· Previous experience in a CSR position in a mining company in Sudan is required (3 – 5 years experience)
· Passionate and high interest in Sustainability/CSR
· Engagement in charities/NGOs is a plus point
· Can work independently and without too much supervision
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
· Dynamic, good interpersonal / people skills
· Position is based in our site in our site in Gabgaba
If you believe that this position made for you, apply and let’s talk! We are curious and can’t wait to get to know you.