· Market intelligence—be the expert on our consumer, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
· Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
· Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
· Understand and document our consumer/customer process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
· Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
· Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
· Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
· Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
· Focal point for Product training and knowledge
· Focal point for Marketing Budget Management and optimization.
· Managing, preparing and monitoring all the marketing activity.
· Monitoring of Sales – Sell in, sell thru and sell out of product
· Act as focal point for Marketing department in all interdepartmental meetings.
· Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
· 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
· Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or
· Familiar with marketing automation tools
· Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
· Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
· Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.