1. Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
2. Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
3. Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
4. Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
5. Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
6. Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
7. Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
8. Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
9. Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
10. Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.