- The position required to help DAL Mining stakeholder to source their requirements from the Local market wither it is a good or service to reduces the downtime while saving cost.
- Working with Departments and the Head of Procurement to deliver effective procurement solutions for projects and on‐going requirements whilst managing risks to an appropriate level.
- Monitoring supply market, and identifying potential source of supply
- Sourcing all company needs of a wide variety of goods and services (e.g. mining & drilling equipment/tools, information & communication technology, laboratory equipment and instruments, foodstuffs, building maintenance materials, office supplies, furniture, etc.) locally by applying market intelligence.
- Leading product category and projects requirements through market analysis, tenders, contract negotiations and successful implementation, locally.
- Controlling and reducing the cost by consistently buying the right quantity at the right prices, and reducing or eliminating wastage in the procedure.
- Ensuring smooth and uninterrupted supply of goods and services by applying good principles of Supply Chain Management.
- Maintaining constructive relationships with suppliers; and conduct procurement activities in an ethical, socially responsible and environmentally friendly way.
- Provide advice on procurement activities to internal stakeholders during all phases of the procurement cycle; analyze and evaluate procurement requests and ensure appropriateness of
- technical specifications.
- Assisting in rationalizing the supplier base by selecting, coordinating, appraising the performance of suppliers, and keeping up‐to‐date supplier records.
- Process all necessary documentation & follow up suppliers payments
- Prepare a variety of procurement‐related documents; purchase orders, contracts, vendors List, reports…etc.
- Maintains procurement documents in a systematic, retrievable manner.
- Where priorities mean it is necessary, support others within the team to deliver our objectives.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by Senior Procurement Officer to facilitate smooth operations of the business.
- A university degree Engineering (preferable in Mechanical Engineering).
- Formal qualification in Procurement.
- 3‐4 Years’ experience in Local Procurement job.
- Experience in Mining & Drilling or similar industry.
Skills, & knowledge:
- Knowledge of internationally recognized procurement standards/processes
- Good judgment and the ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Knowledge of quantitative methods to measure supplier capacity systems and ability
- to identify sources of supply, market trends and pricing.
- Strong knowledge of local market
- Analysis and problem solving skills i.e. able to apply technical expertise to resolve a
- range of issues/problems.
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Communication and negotiation skills i.e. able to shape and influence agreements
- with requisitioning units and suppliers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines
- Experience with ERP Systems
- Ability to work in a fast‐paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
- Have the sense of responsibility and urgency
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English & Arabic
- Proficient computer skills, including Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power‐Point)
- The ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
- Valid Driving License