Serves customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
· Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
· Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
· Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers and planning and organizing sales call schedule.
· Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional personnel.
· Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment and engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
· Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
· Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff and costing engineering changes.
· Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and anticipating future legislation.
· Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.