Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs, such as determining the demand for products and services offered by a firm and its competitors, and identify potential customers, Oversee product development, or monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
· Identify, develop, or evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
· Formulate, direct, or coordinate marketing activities or policies to promote products or services, working with advertising or promotion managers.
· Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, or return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
· Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
· Compile lists describing product or service offerings.
· Direct the hiring, training, or performance evaluations of marketing staff and oversee their daily activities.
· Consult with product development personnel on product specifications, such as design, color, or packaging.
· Use sales forecasting or strategic planning to analyze business developments and monitoring market trends.
· Negotiate contracts with vendors to manage product distribution, establishing distribution networks or developing distribution strategies.
· Coordinate or participate in promotional activities or trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, or production managers, to market products.
· Initiate market research studies, or analyze their findings.
· Confer with legal staff to resolve problems, such as copyright infringement or royalty sharing with outside producers or distributors.
· Consult with buying personnel to gain advice regarding environmentally sound or sustainable products.
· Conduct economic or commercial surveys to identify potential markets for products.
· Recommend modifications to products, packaging, production processes, or other characteristics to improve the environmental soundness or sustainability of products.
· Advise business or other groups on local, national, or international factors affecting the buying or selling of products.
Skills & knowledge
· Enterprise resource planning ERP software
· Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
· Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
· Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
· Active Listening.
· Critical Thinking
· Deductive Reasoning.