We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Back-end Developers who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current and new back-end applications and processes. They work alongside front-end developers, full stack-developers, programmers or UX specialists to create comprehensive digital solutions for business needs.
They make sure the application is scalable and that it can still function when hit by large loads—be that traffic or demanding scripts. They are also tasked with maintaining and testing existing back end elements to ensure they’re as fast and efficient as possible. Data storage also comes under their remit, which requires them to have a good knowledge of data security and compliance.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
Back end developer qualifications, skills and experience
· BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Professionals should have some or most of the following skills and experience:
- Fluent in server side scripting language – PHP specifically.
- 4+ years experience with Laravel.
- Experience with SQL, MySQL, and MSSQL database systems.
- Version control, such as Git, CVS or SVN.
- Knowledge of SOAP web services and REST web API’s.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
Knowledge and experience with compliance and data security is also important, especially after the implementation of GDPR. Candidates should also have some of the following personal qualities:
- Good problem solving skills
- High attention to details
- Good analytical thinking
- Excellent communication
- Ability to work well as part of a team.