- To manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers, To ensure cost-effective purchasing for the parts operations by making wise purchases of goods or services to resell or use whilst ensuring quality control and compliance with the company's, third-party and governmental policies and procedures.
- Choose service providers and or services that are needed to meet customer needs in order to reduce lead time, improve standards and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Manage the performance of staff by delegating tasks and coordinating activities of personnel engaged in clearance, stocking, transporting, receiving and delivery materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies to achieve maximum staff utilization.
Hiring and Training Coordination
- Recruit the right people, schedule the staff training plan and liaise with HR to improve the logistics team capabilities and career progression.
- Enable commercial and cost effective logistics processes for the business through the creation and implementation of core policies of the company to ensure timely delivery, with reduced expenses, increased productivity and high performance standards.
- Liaise with SSMO, Customs and Logistics Partners to ensure timely and cost effective inbound logistics from Port Sudan to Garri, Airport VOR and shipment, and regularly review service terms and performance.
Outbound Logistics and Delivery
- Oversee the clearance, customs and SSMO processes, control the transportation, distribution and delivery of shipments to DMC warehouses and customers sites, stock receiving, fleet management and apply best practices to ensure operation efficiency and items availability.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting for management and all related staff on logistics conditions, controls and processes to ensure they are all alerted to supply issues.
- Set and monitor orders budget in coordination with the finance department to ensure the budget is matching with the overall department budget plan.
Governmental Procedures & Transactions
- Prepare all financial requirements to handle the procedures related to logistics and clearance management (e.g. Landed Cost Management) and the relations with the governmental bodies (SSMO, Customs, Bank of Sudan, etc.) to complete the necessary importation and clearance procedures.