JOB PROFILE - a pragmatic collection of info related to a job or position.
Title of position:
General Manager: Internal Audit and Forensics
Location of the job:
(Department & Division)
Internal Audit and Forensics
Number of subordinates:8 - 15
Time span: Up to two years
Solid Reporting Line:
Group Chief Internal Auditor and Forensics, Administrative reporting to The company CEO
Dotted Reporting Line:
1- Core purpose of the Job: (Short description)
- In line with the overarching Group Governance Framework and Strategy, establish and maintain effective third line assurance department encompassing internal audit and forensic services.
- The position is responsible for the leadership, governance, management of the The company Internal Audit and Forensics Services function and providing independent assurance on the internal control environment of the The company through the implementation of the Group Internal audit and Fraud Risk Management Methodologies, systems, tools and best practices as prescribed by the Group Internal Audit and Forensics function. The role will be adding value to the business through recommending and monitoring remedial actions.
2- Context: (Global influences, environmental / industry demands, organisational mission, etc.)
- THE COMPANY is entering a new phase in its lifecycle where operational and commercial excellence has become critical for success. The urgency for change has become more heightened amidst increased competitive intensity across all markets in which THE COMPANY operates. The General Manager: Internal Audit & Forensics role must , therefore, ensure the successful delivery of independent Internal Audit and Forensic model in the context of:
- Rapidly changing ICT environment
- Achievement of top quartile operating efficiency and effectiveness through scale and common policies and processes
- Driving growth through business intelligence and standardization to maximize business impact
- Management of customer and supplier expectations
- Enhance THE COMPANY position as a leading network and system provider
- Constant dynamics and local challenges in the economic, regulatory and legal environments
- Increased focus on and scrutiny over The company governance practices and control environment.
3. Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA's)
Will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
· Provide effective leadership, advise and consult to the The company on matters of internal audit & forensics
· Lead the effective implementation of The company Internal Audit and Fraud Risk Management charter, policy and strategy as informed by the THE COMPANY Group Internal Audit and Forensics charter, methodology and systems
· Establish a well-staffed and competent Internal Audit & Forensics team to service the The company assurance requirements in consultation with Group Internal Audit and Forensics
· Ensure utilization of the Group mandated GRC tools and systems and source ancillary supplementary tools as needed as approved by the Group function
· Perform special audits on an ad-hoc basis as required by regulators, business line management, the Group or The company Audit Committees
· Lead and/or support specific audits to investigate adherence with policies, procedures, and legal/regulatory requirements to identify and evaluate exposures and to correct defective processes.
· Evaluate the THE COMPANY Sudan’s Risk Management and Governance processes and report to the Group Chief Internal Auditor on the effectiveness of these
· Respond and effectively manage fraud, bribery and misconduct related investigations in line with the Group Fraud Policies and ensure remedial actions and taken regarding recoveries, control remediation and employee sanctioning.
· Implement Group and The companywide fraud prevention strategies including the formalizing a proactive fraud prevention plan in line with the guidance provided by the Group function
· Adhere to Group escalation and incident management principles regarding forensic and internal audit findings
· Adhere to the system of management reporting requirements that provides timely and relevant information on all aspects of internal audit and forensics issues to The company management and The company Audit and Risk Committee and the Group Internal Audit and Forensic function
· Complete and the timely report, on a quarterly basis the internal audit & forensics report and recommendations for the Group Internal Audit and Forensic function as well as the Audit and Risk Committee to assess The company financial controls and general state of the control environment, through adherence to Group Mandated templates and reporting criteria.
· Ensure the implementation of efficient processes for documenting all audit-related initiatives and activities in line with the guidance provided by the Group function
· At the relevant levels, review complaints, concerns, or questions relative to internal audit and forensic issues and provide consultative leadership and support to the company as appropriate.
· Implement and adhere to the Group Internal Audit and Forensic Quality Assurance Program
· Implement a learning and development program in line with Group requirements
· Assist with regional (i.e. outside THE COMPANY Sudan) audit and forensic activities where required
§ Active support from the Group Executive Internal Audit and Forensics as well as the company
§ Deep understanding of THE COMPANY business strategy
§ Understanding of The company technology, business, and regulatory context
§ Timely decision making and reporting
§ Alignment of The company and Group strategy initiatives
Collaboration (Formal and Informal Relationships)
Key customers and stakeholders:
Authorities: Financial and other decision making authorities, e.g. engaging contracts with suppliers.
As delegated authority.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
§ Minimum 5 years of Senior Management Experience or more
§ Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in internal audit and forensics
§ Minimum 5 years in the telecommunications industry
§ Work across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
§ Industry recognition and Technology publication
§ Business Acumen, Problem Solving, Information processing, Influencing others
§ Data interpretation, Judgement, Continuous improvement, Reporting
§ Get it done, Communication, Innovative, Agile, Accountable
§ Leadership and Team management