· Updating and amending existing databases.
· Understanding the Concept of Business Intelligence, Microsoft Power Bi Preferred.
· Setting up and testing new database and data handling systems.
· Monitoring database efficiency.
· Sustaining the security and integrity of data.
· Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted.
· Writing reports, documentation and operating manuals.
· Testing and modifying databases to ensure that they operate reliably.
· Providing user training, support and feedback.
· Writing disaster recovery plans.
· Archiving data.
For a role in database management, employers will be looking for you to have the following:
· Strong analytical and organizational skills.
· Understanding of structured query language (SQL)
· Knowledge of 'relational database management systems' (RDBMS), 'object-oriented database management systems' (OODBMS) and XML database management systems
· Experience with their database software/web applications
· The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines.
· Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing.