Yalla Nbadir is looking for commitment, active, creative, forward-thinking and organized finance officer who will be responsible for all of the financial duties in the YN including Assisting in the preparation of budgets. Managing records and receipts. Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions. Being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with preparation of the budget
• Assist with preparation & Implement YN financial policies and procedures
• Establish and maintain cash controls including deposits and donations
• Monitor cash reserves and investments
• Reconcile and acquit grant and funding income
• Prepare and reconcile bank statements
• Establish new and maintain existing supplier accounts
• Maintain the purchase order system
• Ensure data is entered into the system
• Issue cheques for accounts due
• Make payments to suppliers according to YN polices
• Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the
Computerized accounting system
• Maintain financial files and records
• Maintain all relevant insurance policies
• Prepare income statements
• Prepare balance sheets
• Receive and verify invoices
• Process and record petty cash transactions
• Maintain the assets register
• Reconcile accounts
• Submit staff time sheets for payroll processing
• Liaise with the auditor to produce an annual financial statement
• Order and collect office consumables and stationery, and supplies, etc
· University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other related fields.
· Demonstrable experience in a similar role as described in the Duties and Responsibilities above for at least 1 year.
· Experience in auditing, accounting/finance.
· Bilingual with excellent English language and writing skills are required.
· Excellent understanding of accounting principles
· A high level of knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel, Publisher and Microsoft Outlook
· Spoken and written English
· Commitment to the Vision and Mission Statement of YN Association
· Respect for the different contribution of individuals within the staff team
· Have high levels of professionalism, initiative, energy, creativity, and flexibility.
· Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated teamwork skills
· Commitment to ongoing professional development & continuous improvement
· Good communication skills with a wide range of people
· Experience in providing general support in a small team
· Ability to work autonomously, effectively managing own workload without continual guidance
· Attention to details, good time management and self-organizational skills.